Night Bellman – Four Seasons Park Lane
July 26, 2017
Job Title : Bellman or Overnight Bellman
Responsible to : Guest Services Manager
Scope & Purpose of Position: Provide genuine, intuitive service and information to every guest or transient in the hotel providing a lasting impression of a friendly welcome and “always ready to assist” attitude. Assists guests with luggage, boxes or any other form of storage during arrival, departure and/or throughout their stay. Makes necessary deliveries to guests and picks-up from guest rooms. Transports guest and hotel packages and parcels.
Special Requirements: Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling required. Candidate must be very attentive to detail and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
A valid UK issued Driver’s License is preferred. EU driver’s licence is acceptable, but must be exchanged within a year to a UK driver’s licence (over 25 years of age).
Working Overnight shifts is required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests and escorts them to their rooms. Delivers luggage to room upon check-in and picks up luggage from room upon departure, moving the luggage to storage or the Front Drive. Maintains proper records of deliveries and pick-ups.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints, assist customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
- Greets all guests passing through lobby and offers them assistance.
- Performs errands for guests and the hotel that may require local travel off of the hotel property.
- Collects guest requests for morning newspapers, places newspapers in bags and delivers the desired newspaper in a timely manner.
- Assist Room Service in picking up Room Service Breakfast cards and other duties, during busy periods.
- To report immediately any damage to baggage to Security or Manager on Duty.
- To deliver all named bags to the room, whether guest is in room or not.
- To assist in room changes as required, these may only be rest rooms.
- To report immediately to Concierge, requests from guests for excess baggage to be held in storage.
- On dealing with a departure, log all details and proceed to room with trolley.
- To check room before leaving with baggage if the client is not there, check drawers and closets etc.
- To log and complete all paperwork as required.
- To check the number of baggage pieces with guest before final departure from the Hotel. Ensure that bags are taken out to taxi/ car and the taxi number is recorded on the Department Sheet.
- To be fully familiar with all Hotel services and amenities.
- To ensure correct procedures are followed in regards to the following:
- “Q Rooms” baggage requests/ RNA.
- Baggage left for storage.
- Articles left to be called for (TBCF).
- To ensure baggage area and stores are left clean and tidy at the end of each shift.
- The ability to clean bellcarts.
- To welcome guests and clients to the Hotel and direct them to the various bars and functions rooms. Do so in an attentive, friendly and welcoming manner. Be aware of the situation around you and where possible pre-empt guest needs.
- To keep the lobby in a clean and tidy state at all times – including sofas, tables and stocking writing paper, envelopes, message slips and Four Seasons Hotel brochures.
- To deliver messages, faxes and luggage to guests rooms promptly.
- To collect and deliver messages, parcels etc., outside the Hotel if required.
- To offer assistance to guests with parcels and luggage.
- To assist the doorman when required i.e. greeting guests, directing them and calling taxis for them.
- To assist the Concierge when needed during busy periods and when required.
- To understand and implement guest borrow procedures.
- To recognise return guests and use the guest’s name, for example, when delivering guest luggage.
- To ensure you are aware of the VIPs, SA’s, Return Guests, Limousine Arrivals arriving on a daily basis.
- To fulfil the role of Driver to Four Season’s standards, as required and drive cars in a safe and responsible manner. Ensure cars are secure and complete the necessary paperwork. The ability to park and retrieve cars on other parking locations if hotel’s parking area is full.
- To carry out miscellaneous duties as directed by a member of Management.
- The ability to use Opera and other IT systems in order to perform his own duties and assist guests on basic functionality (I.e. assist guests on setting up their Internet connection).
- To maintain a high standard of personal appearance – ensuring that your uniform is clean and presentable. Wearing your name badge at all times. Be a role model in this area.
- To be aware and make full use of recycling facilities within the service areas.
- To have proper regard for both guest and hotel property. Gifts from guests must be accompanied by a signed authorisation from the guest and securities pass out before it can be removed from the hotel.
- To report to your Supervisor anything or anyone suspicious.
- The ability to handle guests concerns and comments and find a proper resolution to ensure guest satisfaction.
- The ability to regularly inform and record guest preferences.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness, hygiene and professional presentation of all areas.
- Ability to read memos, communication log and safety rules.
- Ability to use telephone procedures as dictated by Four Seasons standards.
- The ability to participate in regular staff meetings to keep employees informed of hotel policies and changes as well as ways to increase sales and service.
- The ability to communicate on all levels with staff, colleagues and management.
- The ability to work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- The ability to follow payroll procedures.
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees. Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Support and assist on Employee Experience.
- Provides Crunch team assistance to departments throughout the hotel.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Management
- To offer service to all guests in a manner which exceeds expectations.
- Make all efforts and take action to ensure that we operate the finest hotel in London.
- Ensure that all our decisions bring an appropriate return on investment for our stakeholders.
- To be accountable for the operations assets and personal actions.
- Driving: Valid EU/UK Drivers License is preferred.
- To ensure you read the hotel’s employee handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and name badge. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
- To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To ensure, as directed by your Manager, and following completion of your initial job training, that you remain up to date with regards to Manual Handling and COSHH as relevant to your role.
To apply please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org